Sunday, May 18, 2014

BTP - Integrated Technology Lesson Plan and Artifact

Hi,  This week it got pretty technical and I ended up doing most of my work in Pages and Numbers (the Mac equivalent of Word and Excel) because of my compulsive need to have things designed and laid out in a certain way.

The overall point of my lesson is that it's the first part in the video classes production: Pre Production.  In Pre Production students create a schedule, write a script, and create a storyboard.

Specifically, this lesson is "Behind the Portrait" (BTP) where the students come up with  a backstory for a famous work of art.  For example how did the Mona Lisa end up being at the place where the portrait is located and what is going on with that smile.  It is the students chance to give that backstory and take a measure personal investment in art work they may not be familiar with.


On a personal note this has been, far and away, the most difficult project thus far in grad school.  I very much seen the need and importance, but these things are very difficult for me to do... I'm quite happy with my work, it just took me a very long time ;-)

Here are some quick links to the resources I used in this lesson:
Celtx
Storyboard That

Google Calendar
Numbers (also for calendar)



My Lesson Plan:


The rubric I created for this assignment:


Finally the student artifact created using Storyboard That:

1 comment:

  1. Steve:
    I am right there with you regarding the difficulty and amount of time required for this assignment. I learned a great deal about Google Blogger, Animoto, and the amount of work it takes to put together a well integrated lesson plan. You should be happy with your work - I think this is awesome. Patty

    ReplyDelete